- Please join us for the 2013 Kansas NSF EPSCoR Annual
Meeting. All researchers associated with the major initiative, Climate Change and Renewable
Energy, are invited to attend, including scientists from each of the Kansas Regents universities.
In addition, NSF staff, legislators, and members of the Kansas Board of Regents, are invited.
- With a keynote address by noted materials scientist Susan B. Sinnott, Alumni Professor of Materials Science and Director of the Cyber-infrastructure for Atomistic Simulation at the University of Florida. Expanding the Toolbox: Design and Discovery using Material Modeling Methods
- Updates on the ground-breaking research conducted over the past 4 years in the Climate Change and Renewable Energy major initiative.
- Specially designed innovative museum initiatives developed around the research will be featured.
- Poster session for faculty and student research and education.
- Online registration is open here. Registration is free but required for attendance. Please register by September 30th, 2013.
- The event will also feature a poster session so that scientists and students can highlight their research. If you would like to present a poster please include the information on your registration form so we can get a count. Posters should be no larger than 48” x 48”. Further instructions about the poster session will be emailed to those who registered.
- To register for a room at the Oread, you must call the Oread reservation department at 785-843-1200, mention "Kansas NSF EPSCoR Conference" and register before September 6th, 2013 to get a reduced rate. The reduced rate has been arranged for the nights of the 6th, 7th and 8th. The Oread reservations department is available Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. CST; Saturday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. CST; Sunday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. CST. Using the internet for a reservation will not insure the reduced rate.
- Overnight valet parking for hotel guests is $12 per car per night with in and out privileges. Guests may pull into the circle drive at the front entrance of the hotel, and a parking attendant will assist you. If you are only attending the meeting during the day and not staying overnight, valet parking is $5 without in and out privileges (if you take your car and return you will be charged another $5). Make sure to mention you are attending the EPSCoR meeting.
Nearby street parking or parking at the Kansas Union parking garage just south of the hotel are other available options. The parking garage is $1.50 per hour.
Surrounding apartment complex parking lots are not hotel property. If you chose to park in these lots your vehicle is likely to be towed.
For more information please visit http://www.theoread.com/#footers_parking_FourSplitPage_Parking_82746.
- The agenda for the meeting includes key note speakers and research updates from the
interrelated projects within the major research initiative: Nanotechnology for Renewable
Energy and Biofuels and Climate Change Mitigation. Here is the final agenda.
- Questions about the event can be directed to Doug Byers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-3227.